20-minute Battle Royale !

Deep down in the time wrap the dark hue has totally covered my part of the earth, pigeons had gone into sewer holes in my apartment complex to sleep and only tone that contributed to the decibel-level outside were occasional cell-phone polyphonic tunes or wind-chimes getting excited by occasional summer gust of wind.

It was time to strech out of my comfort zone in my apartment and lug outside for my recommended 20 min walk. It is kind of biological alarm that starts ringing with all the technological frills - like stern faces of doctor gazing down into my eyes and threatning with model of heart in his hand showing how bad cholestrol was winning the marathon in my veins and leaving its won-plaques littered on the way - clogging my good cholestrol.

In my brain, there is this royal parliment that has two zones clearly marked out - proponents and opponents and believe me the sounds, shrieks and thumping of opponents really have such an impact that little and my muscles in legs suddenly get constricted. My plates in my spine that are normally ready to glide and sway get bursts of spasms and start hibernation. My hands and fingers instead of helping my body-mass to move start looking for remote-control of my 29-inch TV. My proponents start losing the battle and the audience watching this battle start enjoying and yell for more blood in showarena.

Just before my proponents are tired there is a sound from my wife that we need to go for cholestrol test this weekend for me. My proponents just get a fresh lease of life. Lying down on the dust of the arena, I can see them snffing out with small grunts and rising up. I can see sudden surge in their energy and power and once that happens, it takes few seconds of opponents to retreat and war-cry of "Liberation" floats. My legs just spring, my spine becomes fluid with best lubrication for disks to move.

It is time to hit the walking zone of my apt complex and go for 20-mins walk. The feeling at the end is euphoric. But alas, the same battle is going to happen next evening and I don't know who is going to be the winner that time !

I wonder if I can insert the billboard of Nike inside the arena that pumps up my proponents with "Just Do It" :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Seconds to Fame

What made kings what they were ?

Crossing the river towards UTOPIA